Ontology for Language Resources and Services
- Euro WordNet is a multilingual database with wordnets for several European languages.
- See also WordNet.
Global WordNet Association
- The Global WordNet Association is a free, public and non-commercial organization that provides a platform for discussing, sharing and connecting wordnets for all languages in the world.
- See also WordNet.
- GLOBE is a multi-phase, multi-method project in which investigators spanning the world are examining the inter-relationships between societal culture, organizational culture, and organizational leadership.
- The International Federation for System Research (IFSR) aims to advance cybernetic and systems research and systems applications and to serve the international systems community.
- It has some research topics (e.g. ontology for services) in common with Intercultural Collaboration.
- WordNet is lexical database maintained by the Cognitive Science Laboratory at Princeton University, and it is focused on in many Intercultural Collaboration researches dealing with language resources and services.
Developing Language Resources and Services
- Common Language Resources and Technology Infrastructure (CLARIN) is committed to establishing an integrated and interoperable research infrastructure of language resources and its technology.
- The Deep Linguistic Processing with HPSG Initiative (DELPH-IN) has been constructing open-source linguistically precise grammars and treebanks for several languages, including English, Korean, German, Spanish, French, Norwegian and Japanese .
- Knowledge Unifying Initiator (KUI) is a graphical user interface (GUI) for knowledge engineering.
- medSLT (Medical Speech Translator) is a product of a study using KUI.
- To develop multilingual WordNet is a future work of the study.
- The Language Technology for eLearning (LT4eL) project uses multilingual language technology tools and semantic web techniques for improving the retrieval of learning material.
- Multext encompasses a series of projects whose goals are to develop standards and specifications for the encoding and processing of linguistic corpora, and to develop tools, corpora and linguistic resources embodying these standards.
- The MULTEXT-East resources are a multilingual dataset for language engineering research and development.
- The aim of the ROTEL project is to design, implement and evaluate an intelligent, content-based, platform for assisting the knowledge engineer in Semantic Web application construction, for generations of documents complying with the Semantic Web requirements and allowing for using the Romanian language in the multilingual Web-environment.
Connecting Language Resources and Services
- Language Grid
- The Language Grid is a language infrastructure that allows users to easily develop new language services by combining existing ones to satisfy their needs.
The Language Grid Association, formed by collaboration among industry, government, academia, and citizens, aims to advance the technology and application of the Language Grid.
The Language Grid Operation Center is for trial use of the Language Grid limited to non-profit activities.
Tools for Intercultural Collaboration
Emotions in Intercultural Collaboration
Analysis of Intercultural Collaboration
- The Science of Collaboratories (SOC) project is devoted to understanding the technical and behavioral principles that can lead to better, more successful design of collaboratories in the future.
It's projects page introduces several examples of collaboration projects.
Actual Fields of Intercultural Collaboration
- Intercultural Collaboration Experiment (ICE) is a joint research project of universities, research institutes, and research societies in Asia.
- iEarn is the world's largest non-profit global network that enables teachers and young people to use the Internet and other new technologies to collaborate on projects that both enhance learning and make a difference in the world.
It conducts NDYS project, an actual field of Intercultural Collaboration.
- Natural Disaster Youth Summit (NDYS) NDYS started as a gathering to promote disaster awareness in youth around the world.
- NPO Pangaea
- Pangaea sets its mission to be the peace engineering laboratory for the creation of the universal playground, where children across the world can develop personal bonds transcending the boundaries of language, time and space.